2 yellow squash (prefer straight neck)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Italian Sausage
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
Pinch red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons parsley or chives
- In a skillet, cover the squash half way up with water. Then bring to a boil and cover for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add olive oil, cook the sausage until done, and add the onions and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until tomatoes start to break down.
- Cut squash half-length and scoop out inside to create a boat for stuffing mixture.
- Add scooped-out squash to sausage mixture and fill the squash with all of the stuffings.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the panko and parmeson cheese and sprinkle on top of squash. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 . minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and chives and serve.