1 cup Basil leaves, packed
1 tablespoon jarred garlic
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons canola oil
salt and pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cup in half
1 ear corn, cut off the cobb
1/4 cup red onion
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cucumber, diced
1 avocado, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients for the Basil vinaigrette in a food
processor and blend. Set aside.
2. Salt and pepper salmon fillets and cook in 2 teaspoon hot
canola oil over medium high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fillet. I like mine medium rare on the inside and seared on the
3. Combine all the salsa ingredients and toss
4. Add 3/4 of the basil vinaigrette to the salsa and gently
combine. Reserve the remainder of the vinaigrette to drizzle over the finished product.
5. Plate the salmon and top with equal amounts of the salsa. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.